June 23, 2004

Ah….one more time. I was at work today and two of the kids I work with are staying in the dorms now and they are required to write rules for their room that everyone else has to follow. So they wrote stuff like, “Take your shoes off before you come in,” and ,”Knock before you enter,” and things that actually make sense. Now, since everyone has to follow these rules, it seems to me that it’d be much more fun to make some cool rules. I suggested this fun series of rules:

1) You must always talk in a foreign accent.
2) Every sentence must contain the word “dragon”
3) When you speak to me, it must be in the form of a story.

Now this was just to give you a taste, but I think I may implement similar rules when I get back to school. Think of the fun conversations. Everyone in my room will be talking with either English or Irish accents, most likely, and it’s constantly story time. Not only that, but every story will involve dragons. What more could I ask for. Here is a sample conversation I had with myself.

Spencer: (English) Hello, my good chap, you rascally dragon you. I hear, I
say, that this good ole fellow, Spencer, I daresay his name,
is going to the bank soon…to fight dragons?

Translation: Hey, are you going to the bank?

Spencer: (Irish) Aye, once upon a time such a wee lad as this Spencer you
speak of may have roamed the Emerald Isle in search of
dragons and a quick twenty.

Translation: Yeah, I need a twenty.

Spencer: (English) As I do recall, my fine sir, my auto was employed in this
quest for dragons and a quick twenty. Righto, (dragon).
If only I had been allowed to traverse with him to slay the
dragons while also procuring a quick twenty.

Translation: My car’s in the shop, can I catch a ride?

Spencer: (Irish) Ah, but of course…aye, there may still be a way to get to
the dragons. As legend goes, Spencer will ride through
the green fields every time a friend asks to seek dragons.

Translation: Sure. Anytime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home