December 20, 2008

Time to Decorate for Christmas!

Yeah, ok, so I realize Christmas is only five days away, but this post has been coming for weeks, I promise. We decorated right after Thanksgiving, minus the tree (to be featured in a later, less time-lapsed post).

To give some context on these lights, I put them up while it was snowing cats and dogs (frozen cats and dogs, of course). But, I wanted to get them up before we had snow everywhere and ice was causing problems. Of course, being the bright guy I am, I did not think to check and make sure that they all worked. At about 10:30pm I "finished" and realized that two strings didnt work. I called it quits until the next day, by which time there was a solid sheet of ice over the strings I had to replace. So, I had to chip away at ice chunks to unhook the lights. Again, being the smart guy I am, I did not realize that I could just replace the fuses. Well, I'll chalk this year up to experience. Either way, the lights are up and they look great!



We went festive inside too!

Here's our Nativity set.


And what post would be complete without a picture of our snow-covered courtyard?

This, my friends, is a foot and a half-long icicle hanging off our balcony. Pretty awesome, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home