July 21, 2005

Inventory Has Never Been So Exciting...

So, the tire trolls of Wilcox Road fame have now claimed two complete sets of tires. The 8th, (and I pray the final), tire was claimed the past weekend. As I journeyed home from Pcola about 11:15 pm, I heard that oh-so-familiar "thump-thump-thump-thump-thump" followed by my car (apologies to mags, here) shaking worse than a recovering alcoholic. So naturally I pulled off the side of the road and onto the shoulder, only the find that the guardrail prevented me from getting over very far at all. I had about 2 1/2 feet between me and the interstate. Of course, the tire in question was my driver's side rear, so I was forced to change it in the dark while laying on the interstate. All good fun. Now in order to get to my spare, I had to completely empty my trunk. For those of you that know me, this was no easy task. But, having now done it, I thought a complete inventory of what can be found in my trunk may prove useful. Here is the list:

2 flat basketballs
1 pumped basketball
1 flat football
1 jr sized football
1 NCAA regulation football
4 baseballs (1 autographed)
1 tee-ball
7 tennis balls
2 raquet balls
6 softballs
3 loose golf balls
2 packages of tees
1 set of golf clubs
1 box of golf balls
1 bikini bottom (I seriously don't know who this belongs too)
1 bikini top (same as above)
1 pair of jumper cables
1 sleeping bag
2 long ropes
3 baseball gloves
1 kickball
2 tennis racquets (neither of which are mine, but by the rules of my car, I have claimed)
2 racquetball racquets
1 baseball bat
1 pair of tennis shoes
1 volleyball (volenis ball)
1 bocce set

Now I think this is everything. I think. Why I thought posting this would be fun, I'm not really sure. But having it typed up makes me laugh, and that's what important.

On a side note, I've played with the idea of writing a hard-boiled style story chapter by chapter just for kicks on the blog. Let me know if you'd be interested in reading it. It would have no literary merit, but I would see how long I could make my sentences and how many adjectives I could possibly fit. It might prove fun.

Also, nobody comments on my blogs. That makes me sad.

So this is neither a true Spencer blog or a life-update, so take that! You can't put me in that box...

....like a fox.

7 Comments:

Blogger Caitlin said...

hahaha. You gave me a giggle--I knew those tennis rackets (racquets?) would be on the list! I was waiting for them to appear. As for the bathing suit, does mags know you have a mysterious bikini in your trunk? That's surely as bad as an old girlfriend photo in your wallet! hahahaha! I vote for the story. Bring it on!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

ok, your blog says there are no comments, even though I left a comment. I hope you can see my comment~

5:03 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

I too like the idea of a story. I don't like the idea of a girl's bikini ending up in your trunk. You really need to learn to start cleaning up after your women.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

I'm gonna tell the world that you forgot "Sleeping Bag"!!!!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

"Start cleaning up after your women"--hahahaha! I like that, Mags :-)

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Angela: (I don't have a blog, nor do i want to create one..I'm too lazy)

Ahh...Spencer's traveling sports store. Maybe you should set up a stand on Wilcox Rd, since you spend so much time there.

Oh, and thanks for finding my bathing suit. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for it!! :)

(jk...honestly that's kinda weird. someone's swimming naked because of it)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

By the way, you do realize that apologizing to me right before the recovering alcoholic line makes me sound like the recovering alcoholic.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home